Green tea is said to have many health benefits. It has been used for the treatment and prevention of different ailments in China since ancient times. It is also said that the Japanese owe their slim figures to green tea.
Green tea, black tea, and white tea come from the same tea plant. It is known as the Camellia sinensis and is found in basically all hilly plantation areas. Green tea differs from the other types of tea, because it is produced in a different way: the leaves are steamed after being removed from the plant so that their oxidation is prevented. By doing this the leaves remain green and the active substances that are contained in them keep their healthful qualities.
Studies have shown that green tea contains polyphenols, antioxidants, theaning, as well as various minerals and vitamins.
Green tea is definitely good for the body. It has the following benefits:
1. It boosts the immune system and has strong fighting capabilities against the flu virus. The anti viral capability of the green tea is also believed to have positive effect against the AIDS virus.
2. It promotes weight loss helping the body burn up to 10 percent more body fat.
3. Green Tea helps in the prevention of tooth decay, because it contains natural fluorine, thus reducing the formation of cavities, especially with children in school. The fact that fluorine in adequate amounts can prevent cavities and strengthen the teeth is well-known.
4. Green tea also has an anti-inflammatory effect, making it a good supplement for those with arthritis.
5. Green tea lowers high blood pressure and when given to diabetes patients, it causes a decrease in the blood glucose levels. Also, it prevents the oxidation of LDL cholesterol.
6. It inhibits the growth of new cancer cells and reduces the risk of colon, breast, and lung cancer.
7. Green tea is also known for its ability to kill bacteria and deter food poisoning. It is also a very powerful sterilizing agent against all sorts of bacteria, which cause food poisoning in the first place.
8. The caffeine in green take, when taken in proper amounts also stimulates every organ of the body and can help you clear your mind. A normal serving size of caffeine (around 9 mg), present in green tea smooths the progress of muscular contraction and stimulates the skeletal muscles.
In a nutshell, green tea is a very pleasant and refreshing drink, which at the same time has great benefits for the health.